Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

Winemaster's Report



Winemaster's Report 2019

It has been an absolute pleasure to serve as Wine Master on behalf of the society members in this, my first year in the position.

With the ability to select and serve from such a wonderful cellar list, my job is a joy. I applaud past Cellar Masters for their contribution and make special mention to John Coco for his mentoring and continued work in keeping our cellar up to a first class standing. Our cellar is stocked with the best wines this country can offer and includes a fantastic array of foreign wines that gives me the option to explore all manner of pairing. Our members can rest assured that the current cellar is stocked with wines that will carry us long into the future.

There has been some challenging cuisine served up under the direction of our Food Master Andrew Lewis, I have tried to make each evening memorable and still keep an element of fun and mystique to encourage as much discussion from the members as I can.

I am grateful to have the opportunity as Wine Master, the experience so far has improved my wine knowledge and I continue to learn from the collective experience from the membership. At each dinner I take away a wealth of information from the comments around the table.

With thanks to the hard work from our President Andrew Bradley and the rest of the Committee, our society will continue to prosper and provide for some memorable times ahead.

Cheers.

Anthony Singleton



“I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn’t know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret.”
― Basil Fawlty, “Fawlty Towers"


0 comments: