Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

Winemaster’s report


It is with great pleasure that I present my first winemasters report for the year 2009.
This year has been a rapid learning curve for someone who is a self confessed foodie, as opposed to an experience wine connoisseur.
I must congratulate our foodmaster; Dennis Chamberlain for organising some memorable meals and interesting wine /food matching exercises.
Some challenging matches at times worked, the Borsch beetroot soup with the Pascal Joylet Sancere Pouilly Fume comes to mind and other dishes were impossible to match, such as Peter Ford’s greek salad ‘cheese course’.
I have learnt that, you never serve a red and a white with the same dish and a good dry sherry will go with a broad range of food.
The approving nod from the cellarmaster has told me I have gone close to a good match.
I hope, in my second year, I will be able to continue this challenging but enjoyable duty.

Philip Dover