Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

Wine master's report


Winemaster’s report for
Ballarat Wine and Food Society 2010

It is with great pleasure that I present my second winemasters report for the year 2010
This year has been an enjoyable but challenging time to match the menus of Dennis Chamberlain and the other members of the committee who have shared this duty
The 700th dinner at Craigs was definitely a highlight of the year and I must thank John Nelson for the guidance he gave for such an important occasion .You cannot go wrong with the likes of a bracket of 20 year old Penfolds Grange and Bin 707 !
I have learnt that you CAN serve a French champagne for a third course of Ben Veldhuis’s lobster risotto with saffron!
I have been able to use some of the new fresh wines that Jim Patterson is bringing into the cellar
A Spanish Albarino was a good match for Europa’s superb Fennel soup with Chorizo pear and parmesan ravioli and a local Barossa ‘Running with Bulls ‘Tempranillo was a good foil for Peter Fords Vietnamese pork trio .
My favourite wine for when no other wine will go (smoked eel and horseradish ) ie Pascal Jolyvet Sancere Pouilly Fume again did the trick!
Once again I must thank John Nelson and now Jim Patterson for the excellent additions to our more diverse style of cellar
I look forward to another year of interesting and hopefully satisfying food and wine matches



Philip Dover

0 comments: