Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

President's Report





President’s Report

2014 was, I believe, a successful year for the society.  Many good nights were enjoyed, along with many good wines, and some outstanding food.  There were some particular successes along the way, the joint dinner with Beafsteak and Burgundy an example, and Luigi Bazzani being invested with the Order of Australia a standout.

Membership is at a level that makes our future assured, with still others expressing interest in joining.  Our cellar has been stocked and groomed to ensure we have fine wines available in quantities to service the current numbers.  As such, no increases are planned, but it is reassuring to know that we have some room to move.

2014 saw fine service to the society from our Wine, Food, and Cellar Masters.  I believe I can speak for all when I say that their efforts have been first rate, and have been enjoyed by all.  Their tasks are, at times, difficult, and I am constantly reassured when I see each success.  Jim has done an excellent job of refining and redirecting the cellar, Malcolm has been adept at putting great wines in front of us, and Dean has served in his role as Food Master with distinction.  I also have to add a personal thanks to Dean for his help in making my transition into the office as President so much easier.  Finally, I think we all appreciate the work done by Bob and Phil, our Secretary and Treasurer.

As we watch 2015 unfold, I believe we will see ongoing Ballarat Wine and Food society enjoy ongoing success.  We have a formula that works, strong and vibrant membership, engaged and involved office bearers and a cellar with depth and breadth.

Cheers!


0 comments: