Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

2012 Cellar Master's Report


Wine & Food Society of Ballarat
Cellarmasters Report for 2011

Thank you for the opportunity to be your Cellarmaster for the past year when I have continued my programme to update and revamp the Cellar List.
During 2011 we consumed 201 bottles - which was 42 less than for 2010. At the same time I added 216 bottles at an average cost of $62 each totalling $13,370 compared with $13,446 in 2010 at an average cost of $50 (which was due to an increase in the quality of the wine purchased).
I had intended to auction off up to 30 dozen bottles in excess of our requirements last year but had to defer this until early in 2012. This will reduce the list to a more practical level.
We are due to receive our 2009 Bordeaux En Primeur purchases around April and repeated this for the great vintage of 2010 due to arrive in 2013 which adds 3 dozen comprising 6 wines to refresh our Bordeaux stock for your future pleasure!
My purchases are eclectic and include outstanding wines from Burgundy, Bordeaux, New Zealand, California, WA and Tasmania and I hope to be around to enjoy most of them over future years!
Thanks to Phil Dover’s outstanding work for the past 3 years we have enjoyed some great dinners and I look forward to working with a new Winemaster should you elect me for another term. Sorry I cannot attend the AGM but a Business conference drags me overseas.
The audited list as at 31/12/2011 can be viewed on the Society’s website.

Thanks, Jim Patterson

0 comments: