Office Bearers


President: Paul Martino

Cellar Master: Shaun English

Secretary: Dean Stevens

Treasurer: Gab Yanes

Food Master: Andrew Lewis

Wine Master: Andrew Rowan

ballaratwfs@gmail.com



Archive

Wine Master's Report 2012


Thank you for allowing me to be your wine master over the last 3 years. It has been an interesting learning curve for a professed foodie.

I have been able to extend my knowledge of and confidence in serving of our European wines and have enjoyed using some of the best wine Australia has to offer.

The food matches at times have been challenging but on the whole my choices have met with approval from some of the best palates in Ballarat. I must thank all the foodmasters and chefs of the region for the culinary delights presented to us over the last few years.

I must thank the contribution of our cellarmasters, for adding some great wines to our cellar and especially the work of Jim Patterson with his emphasis on very good quality cellaring wines and some ready to use styles from Italy and Spain.

I look forward to having to taste blind wines rather than the other way round.

Many thanks for the compliments given to me on my choices

Phil Dover

0 comments: